Jairus's Daughter Kid's Story

Cast
Narrator: Have you ever been so desperate that you just didn't know what to do? Meet Jairus, a very worried father.

(Crowd sounds)

Jairus:

Excuse me, Sir. Jesus, please help me. I need your help for my daughter.

Jesus:

Who are you?

Jairus:

My name is Jairus. I am a synagogue ruler. I have only one daughter, and she is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and will live. Please come, Jesus.

Jesus:

All right, I will come with you.

Jairus:

Thank you. Come, I will show you the way.

(Crowd noises)

Narrator:

But Jairus's daughter wasn't the only one who needed healing.

Woman:

That's Him. That's Jesus in the crowd of people. I have been bleeding for twelve long miserable years. I have spent all of my money, and no doctor has been able to heal me. Perhaps if I just quietly touch His robe, Jesus will be able to heal me. I will try.

(Crowd sounds)

Woman:

Oh, oh my. I can feel it. The bleeding has stopped. I am healed!

Jesus:

Wait, who just touched me?

Disciples:

Who touched you? Jesus, you see the people crowding against you. How can you ask, 'Who touched me?'

Jesus:

I want to know who touched me.

Narrator:

Jesus kept looking around at the crowd. He waited to see who had touched Him. Then the woman came forward and fell at His feet.

Woman:

I am so afraid, but I will tell you the truth. I touched your robe because I was so sick and no one could heal me. I thought that if I touched your robe, your power would heal me.

Jesus:

Dear woman, your faith has healed you. Go in peace. You are free from your suffering.

(Crowd noise)

Servants:

Excuse us, we are looking for Jairus.

Jairus:

Here I am.

Servants:

Sir, your daughter has died. Why bother Jesus anymore?

Jesus:

Do not listen to them. Don't be afraid, Jairus, just believe. We will go to your house.

(Sounds of crying)

Jesus:

Why are you all sobbing? The child is not dead. She is only sleeping.

(Sounds of laughing, crying, disbelief)

Jesus:

Everyone must go outside. Only the child's mother and father will come with me.

Narrator:

Then Jesus, the girl's parents, and several of the disciples went into the dead girl's room. Jesus took the girl's hand.

Jesus:

Little girl, I say to you, get up!

Narrator:

Right away the girl stood up and walked around. Everyone was amazed.

Jesus:

Give her something to eat! And don't tell anyone what happened here today.

(Music transition)

Narrator:

Jesus used his power to heal people. Absolutely nothing is too hard for Jesus to heal.
If you want to read more about the people Jesus healed, read the book of Mark in the New Testament part of your Bible.
Download